Food Permits - Serving Alameda County

(excluding the City of Berkeley)

The food safety program monitors all retail food facilities in the county (excluding the City of Berkeley) to ensure a safe and wholesome food supply for the public. Food facilities include restaurants, markets, bakeries, liquor stores, bars, certified farmers' market, food service at fairs and festivals, catering trucks, hot dog carts, ice cream trucks, produce vehicles, and food vending machines.

The Division ensures safe and decent housing by enforcing the County and State housing codes through processing and issuing building permits, investigation of citizens' complaints, and periodic investigations.

This Division issues permits and performs inspections for all construction work done in the unincorporated areas of Alameda County with private funds.

Getting a Food/Restaurant Permit - Process

Send Permit Application Form Request

Click here to send an email.
Contact by Phone: (510) 567-6700.

More Info