Building Permits - Serving Alameda County's Unincorporated Areas

(Community incl. Ashland, Castlewood, Castro Valley, Cherryland, Fairview, Happy Valley, Hillcrest Knolls, San Lorenzo, and Sunol)

Search Building Permit(s)

Enter your Alameda County Unincorporated Area home or business address where the Building Permit(s) was issued.

Request to Review Building Permit Property File(s)

Please fill out the following request to review historical building permit files maintained by the Alameda County Building Department. These files are the collection of all building permits issued on the property through the Alameda County Building Department. Requests must be received before noon on each Wednesday. Staff will retrieve requested property files from the County storage room and notify customers by phone or email on the next working day (Thursday). Files will be kept for 10 working days at the Alameda County Permit Center (399 Elmhurst Street, Room 141, Hayward, CA) for reviewing during normal business hours. Please contact our staff at 510-670-5440 when requesting more than 4 files at one time.

Property Address with Permits :    
Customer Name :    
Phone Number :    
Email Address :    
County Staff (optional) :    

Getting a Building Permit - Process